Advocacy Working Group
The date of the next face-to-face meeting of the Advocacy Working Group is 15 December 2017. (The venue is yet to be determined.)
Advocacy WG members:
- Patrick Crombez, EONS Board Member (Chair), Belgium
- Aoife McNamara (Chair), Ireland
- Graça Braz, Portugal
- Sidsel Dragsbæk Holm, Denmark
- Per Fessé, Sweden
- Halldóra Hálfdánardóttir, Iceland
- Merel van Klinken, the Netherlands
- Johan de Munter, Belgium
- Paul Trevatt, EONS Board Member, UK (Communication WG)
- Theologia Tsitsi, Cyprus
Membership of the group lasts for two years, for both Working Group members and Chairs. Membership may be renewed twice. Membership of a Working Group therefore lasts for a maximum of 6 years.
Objectives of the working group
The objectives of the working group are to:
- develop an EONS regulatory/policy strategy; prioritising activities that support the EONS strategy.
- represent the views of cancer nurses in the European policy/regulatory arena.
- engage with other NGOs, governments etc. in a prioritised manner (stakeholder relationship management plan).
- work together with stakeholders on relevant policy/regulatory issues that link to the EONS strategy.
- develop EONS position statements and opinions in areas that support the EONS strategy.
- work in close partnership with the Communication Working Group, looking at how the cancer nurse voice is communicated at a strategic and policy level and how EONS represents itself, its work, and its members visually. Particular attention will be paid to how the membership voice is listened to and heard.
Advocacy Working Group minutes
+ Face to Face meeting minutes March 2017
+ Face to Face meeting minutes November 2016
+ Face to Face meeting minutes June 2016
+ Face to Face meeting minutes June 2015
+ Conference call minutes 17 March 2015
+ Conference call minutes 8 July 2014
+ Face to Face meeting minutes 11 April 2014
+ Conference call minutes December 2013
+ Minutes 17 July 2012
EONS Working and Task Groups (updated April 2017)
+ View this document
Members who have an interest in joining the Advocacy Working Group or learning more about the work of the Working Group are invited to contact the EONS Working Groups Manager, Mariska Mooijekind, via Contact EONS page.
+ Contact Mariska