Research travel grant
2017 Research Travel Grant
The EONS Research Travel Grant offers two grants of €2,500 each. It was created to give a nurse (who must be an EONS member) the opportunity to spend time with an established researcher or research team in another country, in order to:
- build collaborations and networks
- improve clinical research practice in your own country
- develop your own research skills
- further your research idea, proposal or project
EONS members eligible to apply for the grant include:
- clinical research / trials nurses
- nurse researchers in a clinical or academic setting
- clinical nurses interested in research
Both novice and established researchers will be considered for this grant.
The grant funds one or two visits to the host institution (including travel at economy fare, accommodation and expenses).
The focus of the grant is to build capacity and capability through a period of close working with and alongside experienced clinical and/or academic researchers.
The application form for this grant is now available.
+ Complete the online application form
The deadline for applications is 31 May 2017.
2016 Research Travel Grant
Applications for the 2016 EONS Research Travel Grant have been reviewed by the judging panel. It was agreed to award the grant to:
- Jane Winter, Consultant Nurse Gastrointestinal Cancer/ Research Fellow,University Hospitals Southampton NHS Trust, UK, for a research trip to the University of Sydney, and the Department of Cancer Experiences Research, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia, from 25 March to 8 April 2017.
- Jane Davies, Senior lecturer, Cardiff university, School of healthcare studies, UK, for a research trip to Kids Cancer Centre, Sydney Children's Hospital; Australia, from 10 May to 31 May 2017.
2015 Research Travel Grant
Applications for the 2015 EONS Research Travel Grant have been reviewed by the judging panel. It was agreed to award the grant to:
- Denise Flett, Advanced Nurse Practitioner at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK. The grant will fund a research trip to the Dana Faber Cancer Institute in Boston, USA in October 2015.
+ Download report by Denise Flett
- Jincy Joseph, Clinical Facilitator in Oncology at St Vincent’s University Hospital, Oncology/Hematology Unit. The grant will fund a research trip to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, in September 2015.
+ Download report by Jincy Joseph
2014 Research Travel Grant
The call for applications for the Research Travel Grant 2014 is now closed.
The applications have been reviewed by the Research Travel Grant judging panel and agreed to award the grant to:
- Petra Stolz Baskett, Lecturer at Zurich University of Applied Science (ZHAW), Institute of Nursing in Winterthur, Switzerland and PhD student at King’s College in London - UK, for a research travel to the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne, Australia, 8-14 December 2014.
+ Download report by Petra Stolz Baskett
- Dr Alison Harrow, Centre Head, Maggie’s Fife, Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy for a research travel to the Department of Neurobiology, Care Science and Society, Division of Nursing, Huddinghe, Sweden, November 2014 and April 2015.
Alison Harrow (left) and Petra Stolz Baskett (right) receiving the Research Travel Grant 2014 from Prof. Daniel Kelly, EONS President-Elect during the ECC 2015 event in Vienna.
- Ylva Hellstadius, full-time PhD student at the Karolinska Insitutes in Stockholm, Sweden for a site visit at the Department of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery at St. Thomas Hospital, London, UK, March to May 2014.
2013 Research Travel Grant winner Ylva Hellstadius spoke about her research project at the EONS-9 congress in September 2014. She is pictured with EONS Board member and Advocacy Working Group chair Patrick Crombez.
+ Download report by Ylva Hellstadius
- Nikolaos Efstathiou, Lecturer at the University of Birmingham, UK for a site visit at the Nursing Palliative Care research Unit, University of Ottawa, Canada in March 2014.
Nikolaos Efstathiou is pictured speaking about his visit to Ottawa at the EONS-9 congress in 2014.
+ Download report by Nikolaos Efstathiou