EONS invites national oncology nursing societies/institutions to apply for financial support to translate the existing EONS core curricula or other EONS materials.
The EONS Post-basic Curriculum in Cancer Nursing 2005 is already available in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and English. The EONS core curriculum cancer in older people 2006 is available in English.
The FACET document 2007 is available in English.
Criteria for applications
- Applicants must be members of EONS and must have paid their membership fee.
- Applicants from countries with similar languages are invited to collaborate in order to avoid duplication of resources.
- Applicants must demonstrate the need for a grant and provide a cost estimation.
- Applicants must agree to fulfil the obligations set out below.
Grant recipients obligations
- The grant must be used solely for the purpose of translating the curriculum materials or other EONS educational materials.
- Acknowledgment of the grant should be made in the translated materials.
- Applicant must agree to participate in a survey that will monitor the implication, the use and the outcomes of the translated documents.
- Grant recipient should agree to provide evidence of payment for translating (e.g. receipts) and send a copy of the translated material to EONS on CD/DVD or by e mail attachment.
In order to support as many as possible different National Oncology Nursing Societies a maximum amount will be set. Please allow 4-6 weeks for a decision. If EONS approves the grant a letter of agreement will be issued outlining payment terms, reporting guidelines and acknowledgement standards.
EONS Translation grant guidelines and application form
(Microsoft Word format)