Access to innovation – ECCO Position Paper
Added: Saturday 19 August 2017
A major step has been taken towards improving patient access to innovation. ECCO (the European CanCer Organisation) has published a new position paper on this pressing healthcare issue.
The paper out a clear manifesto that should ultimately improve outcomes for our patients.
Recommendations include calling for:
- Structured pathways to regularise and systemise the introduction of innovation within health systems;
- Placing patient benefit at the heart of any valuation of an innovation, giving adequate weight to quality of life and progression-free survival;
- Application of real world data use for assessing benefit of innovations beyond the pharmaceutical domain, for example in proposed improvements to surgical techniques and medical devices;
- Efforts towards improving the sharing of registry data across countries via common protocols, structures and transparency;
- Readiness to remove or discontinue practices or interventions that are inefficient.
+ Download the position paper
In order to be able to see the content from the www.medscape.com pages, please create first a free account at following link: