European Cancer Nursing Day 2019
Competition to host #ECND19Go4Safety
EONS is excited to announce a special open competition to host European Cancer Nursing Day (ECND) on Saturday 18 May 2019.
EONS National Societies or individual members are invited to enter the competition and win the fantastic opportunity to highlight your work and raise the profile and status of cancer nursing in your country with EONS’ support.
ECND focuses on a different theme each year, based on EONS’ strategic priorities. The theme for #ECND19Go4Safety is safety – for cancer nurses and for their patients.
Activities should take place within the window of 16-19 May and incorporate:
- The EONS Board Meeting – one day (or a long half day); requiring a room that will accommodate 10 people
- The joint EONS Working Group Meeting – a whole day; around 50 people
- ECND Event of your choosing on or around May 18th which we can incorporate into the social media campaign on the 18th.
You will need to think about:
- How the theme of ‘safety’ will be reflected in your activities
- How you will promote #ECND19Go4Safety in your country
The events will be jointly run by EONS secretariat and the ‘winner’ on a cost-sharing basis where possible, but this will not be the main criteria for selection.
ECND is all about recognising and celebrating the positive impact that cancer nurses have on the quality of cancer care across Europe.
The first ECND (2017) was held in Estonia and had a tremendous impact on the educational opportunities for cancer nurses there. In 2018, in Brussels, we held meetings in the European Institutions and had our first Joint Working Group Meetings. This year, we are seeking a new host country and would particularly welcome applications from Eastern Europe.
It is up to you to decide what will be in store for ECND19Go4Safety!
Find out more about previous ECND events on the EONS website.
Please contact email@example.com for more information and for details of how to submit your entry.
The deadline to submit your proposal is Friday 15 February 2019.