Research working group
Research WG Members:
- Dr Wendy Oldenmenger (Chair), The Netherlands
- Manuela Eicher (Vice-Chair), Switzerland
- Dr Maria Brovall, Sweden
- Dr Melanie Charambous, Cyprus
- Dr Amanda Drury, Ireland
- Dr Nikolaos Efstathiou, UK
- Dr Carole Farrell, UK
- Dr Paz Fernandez-Ortega, Spain
- Dr Grigorios Kotronoulas, UK
- Prof. Elisabeth Patiraki, Greece
- Dr Marlies Peters, The Netherlands
Membership of the group lasts for two years, for both Working Group members and Chairs. Membership may be renewed twice. Membership of a Working Group therefore lasts for a maximum of 6 years.
The objectives of the working group are:
- To increase research literacy (knowledge, confidence and awareness) in nurses working in clinical practice, across the key areas of critical appraisal, research utilisation and dissemination.
- To build capacity and provide opportunities for nurses to learn, network and develop research skills and experience
- To influence strategic priorities and funding, in order to promote person-centred cancer research
- To generate research evidence that will have a sustainable impact on clinical practice.
We look forward to exploring and developing opportunities for EONS to enhance its profile as an organisation that supports evidence based cancer nursing through the development and implementation of research into practice.
EONS Working and Task Groups
The EONS working and tasks groups are currently under review. Details of the groups will be posted here when available.
EONS Position Statement on Research
+ View position statement (updated September 2013)
EONS Research Working Group
+ View terms of reference (updated November 2014)
+ Minutes 23 November 2018
+ Minutes 26 October 2017
+ Minutes 20 April 2017
+ Minutes 21 November 2016
+ Minutes 7 June 2016
Members who have an interest in joining the Research Working Group or learning more about the work of the Working Group are invited to contact the EONS Policy Officer, Eleonora Varntoumian, via the Contact EONS page.
+ Contact Eleonora