Research working group
The next meeting of the EONS Research Working Group will take place on 26-27 October in London.
Research WG Members:
- Dr Andreas Charalambous (Chair), Cyprus
- Prof. Mary Wells, EONS Board Member (Chair), UK
- Nuria Domenech Climent, Spain
- Prof. Danny Kelly, EONS President, UK
- Grigorios Kotronoulas, UK
- Iveta Nohavova, Czech Republic
- Dr Wendy Oldenmenger, The Netherlands
- Dr Ulrika Östlund, Sweden
- Prof. Elizabeth Patiraki, Greece
- Dr Lena Sharp, EONS President-Elect, Sweden (Education WG)
- Jane Winter, UK
- Prof. Theresa Wiseman, UK
Membership of the group lasts for two years, for both Working Group members and Chairs. Membership may be renewed twice. Membership of a Working Group therefore lasts for a maximum of 6 years.
The objectives of the working group are:
- To encourage research activity and collaboration amongst EONS members, national societies, external supporters and patient groups as effectively as possible.
- To identify and review new funding opportunities in order to support ongoing research activity.
- To share research expertise and ensure that EONS benefits from the research efforts of its members and vice versa.
- To review how research evidence can best be shared, both within the Board, and more generally with our members.
- To help in the provision of education for EONS members to participate in research.
- To encourage publication and dissemination of research findings at conferences and other events.
- To ensure that collaborative research projects with other professional or commercial organisations where appropriate are in accordance with Charity Commission requirements.
- To advertise, review and monitor the progress of Research Grants awarded on behalf of EONS.
- To review the research strategy to ensure it remains relevant to the changing needs of cancer nurses across Europe.
We look forward to exploring and developing opportunities for EONS to enhance its profile as an organisation that supports evidence based cancer nursing through the development and implementation of research into practice.
EONS Working and Task Groups (updated April 2017)
+ View this document
EONS Position Statement on Research
+ View position statement (updated September 2013)
EONS Research Working Group
+ View terms of reference (updated November 2014)
+ Face-to-face meeting minutes 20 April 2017
+ Face-to-face meeting minutes November 2016
+ Face-to-face meeting minutes 7 June 2016
+ Face-to-face meeting minutes 24 September 2015
+ Face-to-face meeting minutes 26 March 2015
+ Face-to-face meeting minutes 23 October 2014
+ A brief report of meeting, January 2013
Members who have an interest in joining the Research Working Group or learning more about the work of the Working Group are invited to contact the EONS Working Groups Manager, Mariska Mooijekind, via Contact EONS page.
+ Contact Mariska