Advocacy Working Group
Advocacy WG members:
- Patrick Crombez, EONS Board Member (Chair), Belgium
- Helena Ullgren (Vice Chair), Sweden
- Graça Braz, Portugal
- Fernanda Conceição Portugal
- Matthew Fowler, UK
- Halldóra Hálfdánardóttir, Iceland
- Terry Hanan, Ireland
- Merel van Klinken, the Netherlands
- Dimitrios Protogiros, Greece
- Theologia Tsitsi, Cyprus
- Ana Khmaladze, Georgia
- Emma Woodford, EONS COO (Observer)
Membership of the group lasts for two years, for both Working Group members and Chairs. Membership may be renewed twice. Membership of a Working Group therefore lasts for a maximum of 6 years.
Objectives of the working group
The objectives of the working group are to:
- By the end of 2020, EONS Advocacy WG & EONS Board, will be trained and experienced advocates
How: Have workshops, starting in September when next face-to-face meeting. WG members will all find out how their countries society works, in terms of how policy and regulations in health care is conducted and who their MACs’ are etc. Use of key messages from RECaN phase 2 to advocate for on EU level.
- By the end of 2020, the WG will have created a data set of how education is regulated for all EONS member countries and explore in parallel how EONS Education Framework can be “translated” in the Common Training Framework.
How: work closely with our National Society’s, Research WG and Education WG, ESNO Goal (long term not feasible until 2020): to implement EONS Cancer Nursing Framework in minimum 10-member countries – to get the status of a common training framework in EU.
- Achieve improved patient safety across Europe by 2020.
How: Data from phase 2 RECaN will be used as baseline (look specifically on safety items), gather data on how different member countries work in terms of preparing chemotherapy (objective is to improve the number of member countries that prepare chemotherapy in safe manner (not by the nurses). Another proposal was to obtain no longer than 12h shift for nurses by end 2020. We are aiming to consider both objectives in parallel (chemotherapy safety and length of shift). Work with Patient coalition representatives and use safety questionnaire phase 2 RECaN.
- Collaborative objective: The ECND will be embedded in Cancer Nursing Culture by 2020. HOW: work closely with all WGs – advocacy is to move this forward, to be a day for both celebrating, recognition and empowering of cancer nurses. Collaboration with Communication WG to use data from ECND 2018 in order to explore which politicians tweeted or re-tweeted during ECND 2018. They could be future targets for any action on other objectives.
EONS Working and Task Groups
The EONS working and tasks groups are currently under review. Details of the groups will be posted here when available.
EONS Advocacy Working Group
+ View terms of reference (updated December 2016)
+ Minutes 9 November 2018
+ Minutes 15 December 2017
+ Minutes 24 March 2017
+ Minutes 25 November 2016
+ Minutes 9 June 2016
+ Minutes 4 June 2015
+ Minutes 17 March 2015
+ Minutes 8 July 2014
+ Minutes 11 April 2014
+ Minutes 19 December 2013
+ Minutes 17 July 2012