Novice Research Dissemination Award
About the Novice Research Dissemination Award
This award is an initiative of the EONS Research Working Group. It was launched in 2013 to encourage cancer nurses who are relatively new to research. The award is intended to give nurses their first chance to present their research at an international conference, so it is only open to nurses who have not yet presented their research outside their own country.
EONS Novice Research Dissemination Award 2019
This award will take place during the EONS12/ESMO 2019 Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 27 September-1 October 2019.
The award is open to applications from nurses with no experience of presenting their research outside their own country and less than five years’ experience of research. As part of the prize, the winners will receive free registration to the ESMO 2019 Congress along with funding towards their travel (economy fare) and accommodation expenses (max. 3 nights) from EONS. The winners will be awarded and invited to briefly present their work during the Congress.
To be eligible for the award applicants must:
- Be a cancer nurse with less than five years’ research experience
- Be an EONS member (either as individual member or with her/his national oncology nursing society, member of EONS)
- Have no previous experience of presenting their research at an international conference
And must submit in one of the following categories:
- Digital innovations in health
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Patient and occupational safety
- Psychosocial care and survivorship
- Symptom management
- Translating research into practice
ONLY abstract submissions made in the six Cancer Nursing categories will be considered by EONS for an EONS Novice Research Dissemination Award.
Abstract submission is now closed.
Novice Research Dissemination Award 2018
The two winners of the 2018 Novice Research Dissemination Award are:
- Swe J. Jackson, Sweeden: Patients’ Interpretations and Experiences Of Participation in Cancer Care.
- Nur Izgu, Turkey: Effect of Aromatherapy Massage on Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathic Pain and Fatigue in Patients Receiving Oxaliplatin.
Both winners presented their research at the EONS11 Congress in Munich in October 2018. As part of the prize, they received free registration for the congress along with funding towards their travel and accommodation expenses. Their awards were formally presented to them during the closing plenary session on 22 October 2018.
Novice Research Dissemination Award 2016
The two winners of the 2016 Novice Research Dissemination Award are:
- Lily Harley, Sweden: Health-related quality of life and satisfaction of information amongst women with gynaecological cancers: The impact of contact nurses, written care plans and care transitions.
- Paola Veenstra, The Netherlands: Sharing knowledge and patient participation in breast cancer care.
Novice Research Dissemination Award 2015
Two winners have been selected for the 2015 Novice Research Dissemination Award.
- Ms V. Biagioli, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Biomedicine and prevention, Italy for her abstract Propolis for prevention of chemo-induced oral mucositis in breast cancer patients: A randomized controlled trial
- Dr. C Chabrera, Tecnocampus - Pompeu Fabra University Nursing, Mataro, Spain for her abstract A decision aid to support informed choices for patients recently diagnosed with prostate cancer: A randomized controlled trial
Valentina Biagioli (left) and Carolina Chabrera (right), winners of the 2015 Novice Research Dissemination Award, receiving their award from Prof. Lena Sharp, EONS President-Elect, during the ECC-2015 Congress.
Both winners received a free registration for ECC 2015 and funding towards their travel and accommodation expenses for the congress.
Novice Research Dissemination Award 2014: winners
Joyce Roijen of the Netherlands presented her work on fertility counselling in young women with breast cancer before adjuvant chemotherapy.
Elif Sözery of Turkey presented the results from her study on resilience and burnout among oncology nurses.
The two winners of the 2014 award presented their research work for the first time at the EONS-9 congress in 2014 - our 30th anniversary year. They both received free registration for EONS-9 and funding towards their travel and accommodation for the congress.
Novice Research Dissemination Award 2019
+ View the abstract submission regulations
Abstract submission is now closed.