Society Focus – March 2019
Czech Nurses Association
The Czech Nurses Association (CNA) is the largest not-for-profit professional organisation in the Czech Republic, combining all non-medical health care workers. The CNA was established in 2000 when two existing non-medical professional organisations merged. Currently, the CNA has over 5000 members. It is divided into 38 different sections and regions. One of them is the Czech Oncology Section (COS).
The COS was founded in 1986 and for many years was lead by Ms. Hilda Vorličková who played a critical role in the early years. The COS was facing multiple needs and challenges posed by a freshly developing democracy. But the creation of the COS allowed Czech oncology nurses to start building a relationship with the international nursing community, which has been very important professionally.
Today, the COS has 110 registered members. The COS board election took place in spring 2017. The executive board again consists of the elected president Darja Hrabánková-Navrátilová, the vice-president Vaclav Kajaba (also past president) and five other board members. The COS can be found on the CNA website http://www.cnna.cz.
COS priorities are:
- Solving current problems in cancer practice
- expanding COS membership bases
- involving existing members in the COS activities
- establishing and continuing cooperation at international level
- cooperating with patient organizations
- cooperating in palliative and hospice care
- developing educational programs in oncology
- organizing conferences and seminars for health care professionals and public
- participating in projects supporting standardization of cancer nursing care
- participating in national and international projects
- engaging in commenting on new/updated relevant legislation.
COS supports 3 large national conferences every year:
- PragueOnco (in Prague)
- Brno Oncology Days („Brněnské onkologické dny„; in Brno)
- Olomouc Hematooncology Days („Olomoucké hematoonkologické dny„; in Olomouc)
Hradčany – Praha
Prof. MUDr. Petra Tesařová, PhD – onkologická kliniky – VFN Praha
Brněnské onkologické dny – Brno
Brno Oncology Days photos
Hrad Špilberk města Brna
Prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, PhD – ředitel ústavu zdravotnické informatiky
Ing.Iva Hrnčiříková, PhD.- výživový poradce
Olomouc Hematooncology Days photos
Hlavní náměstí města Olomouc
Visit the Czech Nurses Association website
+ Visit the website now
Society focus puts our society members on the spotlight, with news of their activities, events and member support
A different society is highlighted in the EONS email newsletter each month.