Nausea and/or vomiting
The EONS GUIDANCE – Therapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting is an education initiative aimed at cancer nurses to help them better understand the mechanisms and effective management of cancer induced nausea and/or vomiting (N/V), including delayed onset. The final product will be in A5 format; the scope approximately 30 pages.
The brochure will cover:
- Classification and Pathophysiology
- Risk factors
- Present guidelines available
- Nurses’ roles
Key points to remember and suggestions for practice change will be included.
The brochure will also serve as a teaching tool for nurses in clinical practice.
Task group members:
- Anita Margulies, co-chair, Switzerland
- Patrick Jahn, co-chair, Germany
- Anki Delin Eriksson, Sweden
- Sara Torcato Parreira, Portugal
- Cheryl Vidall, UK
- Prof Dr Karin Jordan, Germany
The EONS “GUIDANCE – Therapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting” brochure is planned to be launched at EONS12 at ESMO 2019 Congress in Barcelona, in September 2019. Translations are being discussed, as well as dissemination plans.
EONS thanks Helsinn and TesaroBio for their support through a restricted educational grant.