Education working group
Education WG Members:
- Rebecca Verity, (Chair), UK
- Harald Titzer, (Vice Chair), Austria
- Celia Diez de los Rios, UK
- Patrick Jahn, Germany
- Rubén Martín, Spain
- Wendy Mcinally, UK
- Andrea Necasova, Czech Republic
- Mary Nevin, Ireland
- Memnun Seven, Turkey
- Virpi Sulosaari, Finland
- Debbie Wyatt, UK
Membership of the group lasts for two years, for both Working Group members and Chairs. Membership may be renewed twice. Membership of a Working Group therefore lasts for a maximum of 6 years.
The education working group will support the overall EONS strategic goals by:
- Recognising and supporting the learning needs of cancer nurses who are working with people affected by cancer across Europe.
- Promoting and creating opportunities so cancer nurses can learn from and teach each other and the multi-professional team.
- Striving to ensure that all cancer nursing education which is developed, delivered and endorsed by EONS is standardised, sustainable and underpinned by the EONS Cancer Nursing Education Framework.
- Providing a point of reference and a network of expertise to those who develop and deliver education and career development opportunities for cancer nurses across Europe.
A note on terminology
To be inclusive, the term ‘cancer nurse’ is used to describe nurses working with people affected by cancer, nurse teachers and researchers regardless of whether the individual has a specialist qualification relating to oncology. As an organisation, EONS strives for all cancer nurses to receive specialised training and qualifications, and continuous further education and training to keep up with developments in cancer care. However, in some countries where EONS has members this is not the case or not yet possible; therefore we aim to be as inclusive as possible in our definition of ‘cancer nurse’. EONS has members in 31 countries across Europe. When the terms Europe or ‘European continent’ are used, this refers to the 53 countries in WHO Europe. The European Union (EU) refers to the smaller block of 28 nation states.
The group looks forward to working together in developing opportunities for oncology nursing through education.
EONS Working and Task Groups
The EONS working and tasks groups are currently under review. Details of the groups will be posted here when available.
EONS Education Working Group
+ View terms of reference (updated April 2016)
+ Minutes 29 January 2019
+ Minutes 16-17 November 2018
+ Minutes 6-7 October 2017
+ Minutes 21 April 2017
+ Minutes 23 September 2016
+ Minutes 29 January 2016
Members who have an interest in joining the Education Working Group or learning more about the work of the Working Group are invited to contact the EONS Policy Officer, Eleonora Varntoumian, via the Contact EONS page.
+ Contact Eleonora